Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Quick Granola Recipe

So when I went to Idaho for my sister's wedding in September my mom made this awesome granola for a topping at the ice cream bar. Even my 2 year old loved and he is the pickiest eater ever. I got the recipe and have been meaning to make some and I finally got around to it 4 months later and it is the easiest recipe and it tastes amazing so I thought that I would share it with all of you. If you keep it in a sealed container it will stay soft for awhile but if you like yours crunchy you can let it dry out more and add milk for you breakfast.

GRANOLA
41/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar

In a large bowl mix flour,oats,baking soda,cinnamon and brown sugar.
In a small bowl put butter,honey, and vanilla and put in microwave until butter is melted completely and it is mixed well with the honey.
Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and mix really well.
Pour onto greased cookie sheet and spread out.
Bake @ 325* for 20 min
Let cool and break apart with your hands in the size of pieces that you want.
ENJOY!!!
Just out of the oven in a flat layer./After cooled all crumbled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment