Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dresser makeover

Yes I trash picked this dresser. It was sitting next to the dumpster outside our apartment.
I had been wanting a new TV console so that is what I decided to do with this. So I had Brent and his dad cut out the wood where the big drawers were to make a big space for Justin's toys.
Then I sanded it and then I put a light oak stain over it and finished that with a poly finish. I also painted the inside of the opening a dark brown and put on new handles. Now we have a place for toys and the remotes can always be found in the drawer. I really love how it turned out and it was totally free. Looking for a coffee table to redo now.



2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Judd and I do things like that too.. Other than our couches 99% of our furniture has been DI or yard sale purchases. We just take off or fix the things we don't like and make it our own! Then we have our taste an it is super unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! So cool that it was free too!

    ReplyDelete