Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Conversation Tree Center Piece

You will need a pot I got mine at the dollar store and it was already painted and came in other colors. A 6" styrofoam ball and I got a smooth one at Joann. Any ribbon you like and some paper confetti. Also a round piece of styrofoam disc and a dowel fat enough to support the weight once the candies are on it. Red spray paint and red craft paint and of course conversation hearts and I probably used 3 or 4 bags only because there are alot more of pink and white hearts than the other colors.
First I cut my dowel with scissors to the length that I wanted. Then I put the big ball on the end of the dowel and spray painted it red and this dries rather fast on the styrofoam. Then slide the disc onto the dowel and put some hot glue on the inside of pot to glue down the dowel and slide the disc down at first I left it like that but once the candies are on it got wobbly so I added glue to the edges of the disc to better support it. Then use the craft paint to cover the dowel.

Then you can start hot gluing the candies to the big ball in any pattern that you like. In certain areas you may not be able to fit a whole candy so I just used my scissors to cut them to size.

When you are done stuff the pot with as much paper confetti as you like and then tie your ribbon around the dowel at the base of the big ball and there it is. So fun so make and so cute when it is finished.

This was my inspiration.

2 comments: